Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ARP Update

I started pull-outs today thanks to a recommendation during discussion from one of my fellow Lamar classmates. Surprisingly, several students who were not required to attend my tutorial were excited about the situation. They had heard that my tutorial were "fun!" Tutorial and fun in the same sentence? Works for me!

When I started my action research plan I transitioned from lecture-oriented tutorials to activity-based tutorials. One of my co-workers provided me with a link to create my own Jeopardy game. The studentslove it! Though it is time consuming to create, it is a fun and educational activity for the students. I use it as a way of assessing them. The students don't take tests and I don't grade! It is getting rather late thus I will finish the remainder of my thoughts later on this week.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I believe activity based activities will work well for you. What is the link to create a jeopardy gam I would be interested in that as well.

    ReplyDelete