Sunday, March 20, 2011

Force Field Analysis

Hi guys! Earlier this week I implemented the force field analysis when I encountered an uncooperative parent. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Inquiry: How can I influence the uncooperative parent to grant her daughter permission to attend after-school tutorial?

DRIVING FORCES
RESISTING FORCES
  • Student is in desperate need of tutoring.
  • Legal guardian is not granting permission for her daughter to attend tutoring.
  • I have the support from my administration regarding tutorial attendance.

  • Student is willing to stay for tutorial if granted permission.



2 comments:

  1. One question I have is - Why is the parent not granting permission? Does the parent not see a need for extra intervention or is it a "pick up" problem? I know that we have kids at my school who can not attend tutorials because they ride the bus home and do not have transportation home. My second question would be - Has the classroom or content area teacher had a conference or conferences with this parent? Have they shared the child's data with the parent? Have they discussed with the parent why tutorials would be beneficial to the student? Sometimes parents don't see the need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, there are some parents that would rather have their children babysit their younger children instead of getting the aid they need. I have had numerous phone calls and one parent conference with the student's mother, but she is set on not letting her daughter attend tutorial :/

    ReplyDelete