Thursday, March 10, 2011

TAKS, TAKS, TAKS!

It's about that time of year again! The good ol' TAKS has officially arrived! Whether we love it, hate it, or hate to love it, we have to put forward our best efforts in order to maximize student success. It has been quite a journey trying to select one action-research plan. There are numerous things I would like to work on, but at the moment I think it would be beneficial for the low-performing students for me to concentrate on increasing tutorial attendance. I am fortunate that my content area, 8th grade Science, is not being tested until the ladder of April thus I have more time to work with them. For this reason, my action research will pertain to exploring successful methods to increase tutorial turnout. I am extremely excited about embarking on this journey. This class has allowed me to reflect on certain aspects that I would like to gather information on in order to provide a positive outcome. Though I am looking forward to implementing an action research plan correlated with reducing discipline problems in the near future, for the sake of my students, I will be researching strategies to increase tutorial presence.

2 comments:

  1. Oh TAKS I feel your pain. Our 5th graders will be taking both the Reading and Math TAKS test in less than three weeks. My oh my! I hope we are ready. My action research study is also on tutorials. I am looking at the effectiveness of our after school tutorial program in particular with our Math tutorial students. Good luck to you and your students when the Science TAKS rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather! Hope you are enjoying your Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete